California home prices hit highest level in five years
Posted by: kateg 6 years, 3 months ago
Driven by strong sales in high-end coastal areas and shrinking inventory, California's median home price hit its highest level in March since May 2008, according to the CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (C.A.R.).
• Closed escrow sales of existing, single-family detached homes in California totaled a revised seasonally adjusted annualized rate of 417,520, according to information collected by C.A.R. from more than 90 local REALTOR® associations and MLSs statewide.
• March closings were up a slight 0.1 percent from a revised 417,310 in February but down 4.9 percent from a revised 439,260 in March 2012. The statewide sales figure represents what would be the total number of homes sold during 2013 if sales maintained the March pace throughout the year. It is adjusted to account for seasonal factors that typically influence home sales.
• The statewide median price of an existing, single-family detached home climbed 13.7 percent from February’s $333,380 median price to $378,960 in March, reversing a two-month decline.
• The month-to-month increase was the highest since C.A.R. began tracking this statistic in 1979. The March price was up 28.2 percent from a revised $295,630 recorded in March 2012, marking the 13th consecutive month of annual price increases and the ninth consecutive month of double-digit annual gains.
• The available supply of homes for sale fell significantly in March, falling to a 2.9-month supply, as measured by C.A.R.’s Unsold Inventory Index. The March Unsold Inventory Index for existing, single-family detached homes was down from 3.6 months in February and down from 4.2 months in March 2012. The index indicates the number of months needed to sell the supply of homes on the market at the current sales rate. A six- to seven-month supply is considered normal.
Read the full story here.Share on Twitter Share on Facebook
San Diego Homes
- New Landscape Transformation Program Increases Incentives in San Diego County
- 624 10th Avenue JUST SOLD!
- 226 Orange Avenue #303 JUST SOLD!
- 1820 Avenida Del Mundo #606's price has been REDUCED!
- 2018 4th of July Events
- Blog (345)
- Buyer's Guide to Buying a Home (11)
- DIY Homeowners (55)
- FAQ Buyer (35)
- FAQ Property Management (7)
- FAQ Renters (7)
- FAQ Seller (32)
- FAQ Short Sale (6)
- Friday Favorites (4)
- Home Projects (59)
- Listings (132)
- Local Info (74)
- Market Matters (34)
- Open House (18)
- Rentals (18)
- Staging (1)
- Things to do (77)
- Tips (5)
- Tips for Buyers (7)
- Tips for Homeowners (5)
- Tips for Renters (5)
- Tips for Sellers (5)
- Tips/FAQs (2)
FeedsRSS / Atom
Latest NewsJuly 10, 2018 New Landscape Transformation Program Increases Incentives in San Diego County June 29, 2018 624 10th Avenue JUST SOLD! June 25, 2018 226 Orange Avenue #303 JUST SOLD! READ MORE
Our initial experience with you, especially with your demonstrable expertise, knowledge, and willingness to both educate and work with us regarding the market and related considerations particular to Coronado, resulted in a gratifyingly helpful and positive experience for us.—Robert R. READ MORE