Car2Go in San Diego
Posted by: raindrop 8 years, 1 month ago
Car2Go is popping up around the nation, and recently rooted in San Diego.
What is Car2Go?
Their free floating electric cars mean you can pick up and drop off the electric cars anytime with no specific return time. People who use the Car2Go can leave the car anywhere within the operating area. The cars are rented by the minute, hour, or day. The idea is ultimately there will be a car within walking distance to everywhere within the operating area, so someone who needs to run an errand, they can do so without needing a car.
The Car2Go pricing is simple:
|Per minute||$0.35 plus tax|
|Per hour maximum||$12.99 plus tax|
|Per day maximum||$65.99 plus tax|
|Per mi after 150 mi per rental||45 cents, plus tax|
The rates include re-charging, parking, mileage, insurance, maintenance, cleaning, GPS Navigation, 24/7 customer support, and roadside assistance.
For people who don't use their cars regularly, Car2Go is the perfect solution.
Currently, Coronado is not included in Car2Go's operating area, but Dave is hoping to change that. Many Coronado residents and visitors don't rely heavily on their cars, and only use it to go over the bridge and to the grocery store. For those residents, it is much less expensive to use the Car2Go car than to own a car and have to pay for maintenance, insurance, gas, etc.
How does it work?
There are only a few simple steps that you need to follow in order to use Car2Go:
- Join as a Member. There is a $35 registration fee. Joining is easy and painless. Simply click here to be diverted to their membership application.
- Locate a Car: Either use your smartphone application or go to their website to locate and reserve the car nearest you.
- Reserve the Car online.
- Use your key (that has been mailed to you since joining) and get in the car.
- Use the touchscreen on the car to enter your pin and accept the terms and conditions.
- Drive to your destination.
There are many additional perks of using Car2Go, including free metered parking throughout the designated area.
Personally, I think the Car2Go business model is excellent and a great addition to San Diego. I'm looking forward to having Coronado included in the Car2Go map. Keep in mind, that while Coronado is not presently a location where you can leave the Car2Go, you are allowed to drive outside the designated map area, within their terms and conditions.
For more information on the Car2Go business, visit their website at http://www.car2go.com/sandiego/en/concept/.
Share on Twitter Share on Facebook
San Diego Homes
- 8 Tips to Make Your Home Camera Ready for Selling
- FAQ Friday: Exciting New VA loan benefits!
- FAQ Friday: Can the Buyer back out?
- Restaurant Spotlight: Rosemary Trattoria - Authentic, Family Friendly Italian
- *SPECIAL DELIVERY* Santa Claus is Coming to Coronado!
- Blog (349)
- Buyer's Guide to Buying a Home (11)
- DIY Homeowners (55)
- FAQ Buyer (36)
- FAQ Property Management (7)
- FAQ Renters (7)
- FAQ Seller (33)
- FAQ Short Sale (6)
- Friday Favorites (4)
- Home Projects (59)
- Listings (132)
- Local Info (75)
- Market Matters (34)
- Open House (18)
- Rentals (18)
- Restaurant Spotlight (1)
- Staging (1)
- Things to do (77)
- Tips (5)
- Tips for Buyers (7)
- Tips for Homeowners (5)
- Tips for Renters (5)
- Tips for Sellers (5)
- Tips/FAQs (2)
FeedsRSS / Atom
Latest NewsJanuary 31, 2020 8 Tips to Make Your Home Camera Ready for Selling January 17, 2020 FAQ Friday: Exciting New VA loan benefits! January 10, 2020 FAQ Friday: Can the Buyer back out? READ MORE
Our initial experience with you, especially with your demonstrable expertise, knowledge, and willingness to both educate and work with us regarding the market and related considerations particular to Coronado, resulted in a gratifyingly helpful and positive experience for us.—Robert R. READ MORE