Coronado: A Pet Friendly Community!
Posted by: raindrop 7 years, 2 months ago
As many of you know, Ben Gillingham is a fixture here at Coronado Island Realty.
He routinely comes into the office in the morning and does his regular routine: Chew a toy for a bit, distract Jessica with his cute factor, and take a nap under Kate's desk. It dawned on Jessica and I this morning that it is helpful for people moving to Coronado with pets to hear how pet friendly Coronado is.
If you are new to Coronado (or are a San Diego resident who wants to spend the day here in Coronado) here are some awesome activities that you and Fito can do together:
Coronado Dog Beachis obviously one of the most popular spots for dogs to hang out at here in Coronado. Coronado dog beach is located at the North-Western most end of Ocean Blvd (the end closest to North Island Naval Base). Remember to keep your dog on a leash while walking down the sand corridor to the dog run. Police officers routinely cite unleashed dogs. However, once you get to the end of the fence between the Village and North Island, feel free to let your dog run leash-free! The City provides doggy-bags in case you forgot yours. Remember to bring water for your pooch because we all know what happens when dogs get thirst and drink the ocean water...Yuck!
- The Coronado Cays dog park is a wonderful place for your dog to socialize with other puppy friends without the hassle of washing them after the beach. To get to the park, drive down the Silver Strand to the Coronado Cays exit. At the guard shack, hang a right. You will see tennis courts in front of you. Follow the road past the first stop sign and past the play ground. If you look carefully, you will see sign post describing the dog park on the right hand side along with doggy bags. This is the perfect place to park. You dog is free to roam off of his leash, just be sure he doesn't run into the street, or go chase the soccer players on the soccer field!
- If you don't want to drive all the way to the cays to go to the park, visit Vetter park, which is located at the intersection of Jacinto, Guadalupe, and Cajon Place near the golf course.
- There are lots of great restaurants in town that allow dogs to sit on their patios. Many will even provide water for your dog. Some of the restaurants that allow dogs, include: Vigilucci's, Island Pasta, Rhinoceros Cafe, Bistro d'Asia, Village Pizzeria (Only the Orange Avenue Location!), Sapori, Firehouse Grill, Danny's Grill, Burger Lounge, 1134 Cafe - they even have treats out front that ever dog in Coronado knows about!, and Alexanders Pizza. I have linked each of the restaurants names to their websites so you can get a feel for the different options.
- After eating, I recommend taking a walk towards the Hotel Del and the Shores. The boardwalk the runs along the beach is a wonderful walk (particularly at sunset) and your dog will enjoy all the other people out for a walk.
- If you did go to the beach and you want to wash your dog before heading home, stop by Wag 'n tails at 945 Orange Avenue. Their $12 fee includes a large tub, shampoo, towels, and a dryer.
San Diego Homes
- New Landscape Transformation Program Increases Incentives in San Diego County
- 624 10th Avenue JUST SOLD!
- 226 Orange Avenue #303 JUST SOLD!
- 1820 Avenida Del Mundo #606's price has been REDUCED!
- 2018 4th of July Events
- Blog (345)
- Buyer's Guide to Buying a Home (11)
- DIY Homeowners (55)
- FAQ Buyer (35)
- FAQ Property Management (7)
- FAQ Renters (7)
- FAQ Seller (32)
- FAQ Short Sale (6)
- Friday Favorites (4)
- Home Projects (59)
- Listings (132)
- Local Info (74)
- Market Matters (34)
- Open House (18)
- Rentals (18)
- Staging (1)
- Things to do (77)
- Tips (5)
- Tips for Buyers (7)
- Tips for Homeowners (5)
- Tips for Renters (5)
- Tips for Sellers (5)
- Tips/FAQs (2)
FeedsRSS / Atom
Latest NewsJuly 10, 2018 New Landscape Transformation Program Increases Incentives in San Diego County June 29, 2018 624 10th Avenue JUST SOLD! June 25, 2018 226 Orange Avenue #303 JUST SOLD! READ MORE
Our initial experience with you, especially with your demonstrable expertise, knowledge, and willingness to both educate and work with us regarding the market and related considerations particular to Coronado, resulted in a gratifyingly helpful and positive experience for us.—Robert R. READ MORE