How much notice does my landlord have to give me if they want me to move out?
Posted by: raindrop 6 years, 3 months ago
If you are not in breach of your lease, the following timeframes apply to how much notice a landlord has to provide to a tenant if the landlord wants to terminate the tenancy.
According to Cal. Civ. Code Section 1946.1(c), if the tenant has been a resident in the property for less than one (1) year, then the landlord is required to give the tenant a minimum of thirty (30) days written notice.
Additionally, according to the California Associations of Realtors and Cal. Civ. Code Section 1946.1(d), the landlord can give thirty (30) days written notice to terminate a periodic tenancy when all of the following conditions have been met:
- the dwelling is a separately alienable unit (e.g. condo, single family residence, townhouse; but not a duplex, triplex or other multi-unit property);
- the owner is in contract to sell the unit to a bona fide purchaser for value;
- escrow has been established with a licensed escrow agent or licensed real estate broker;
- the buyer is a natural person (or persons);
- notice is given within 120 days after escrow is opened;
- notice was not previously given to the tenant; and
- the buyer intends to live in the property for at least one full year.
San Diego Homes
- Fall Home Maintenance Tips
- Things To Do This Weekend: Sept 22-24
- Looking for a Coronado Rental? Here are Tips for finding a home!
- Which Famous Author Visited 550 A Ave?
- Build Your Dream House in the Coronado Cays!
- Blog (339)
- Buyer's Guide to Buying a Home (11)
- DIY Homeowners (55)
- FAQ Buyer (35)
- FAQ Property Management (7)
- FAQ Renters (7)
- FAQ Seller (32)
- FAQ Short Sale (6)
- Friday Favorites (4)
- Home Projects (59)
- Listings (132)
- Local Info (73)
- Market Matters (34)
- Open House (18)
- Rentals (18)
- Staging (1)
- Things to do (76)
- Tips (5)
- Tips for Buyers (7)
- Tips for Homeowners (5)
- Tips for Renters (5)
- Tips for Sellers (5)
- Tips/FAQs (2)
FeedsRSS / Atom
Latest NewsSeptember 25, 2017 Fall Home Maintenance Tips September 21, 2017 Things To Do This Weekend: Sept 22-24 September 18, 2017 Looking for a Coronado Rental? Here are Tips for finding a home! READ MORE
Our initial experience with you, especially with your demonstrable expertise, knowledge, and willingness to both educate and work with us regarding the market and related considerations particular to Coronado, resulted in a gratifyingly helpful and positive experience for us.—Robert R. READ MORE