What does LEED certification mean to you?
Posted by: raindrop 7 years, 8 months ago
There are many perks to living in a LEED certified home. Not only are you living and providing a healthy environment for you and your family, but having a LEED certified home will save you energy, water, and therefore, money.
Another plus to having a certified green home, is that LEED homes have higher resale values. Data has shown that LEED buildings often sell for more, and in less time, than non-green buildings.
Chances are you have been in a number of LEED certified buildings already!
- A few famous LEED buildings (certified or in process):
- Empire State Building (NYC)
- Sears Tower Building (Chicago)
- The Pentagon (Washington, DC)
- Children’s Hospital (Pittsburgh, PA)
- California Academy of Science (San Francisco CA)
- Boston Logan Airport (Boston MA)
- Olympic Villages: Beijing, Vancouver
- Starbucks: committed to LEED for all new stores.
- Other businesses committing to LEED: Bank of America, PNC Bank, Best Buy, Target, Marriott.
- Over 22,000 homes have been LEED certified, with another 82,000 registered for certification.
Share on Twitter
Share on Facebook
We are happy to answer any questions you have about LEED certified homes, feel free to give us a call at (619)435-0145.
San Diego Homes
- 8 Tips to Make Your Home Camera Ready for Selling
- FAQ Friday: Exciting New VA loan benefits!
- FAQ Friday: Can the Buyer back out?
- Restaurant Spotlight: Rosemary Trattoria - Authentic, Family Friendly Italian
- *SPECIAL DELIVERY* Santa Claus is Coming to Coronado!
- Blog (349)
- Buyer's Guide to Buying a Home (11)
- DIY Homeowners (55)
- FAQ Buyer (36)
- FAQ Property Management (7)
- FAQ Renters (7)
- FAQ Seller (33)
- FAQ Short Sale (6)
- Friday Favorites (4)
- Home Projects (59)
- Listings (132)
- Local Info (75)
- Market Matters (34)
- Open House (18)
- Rentals (18)
- Restaurant Spotlight (1)
- Staging (1)
- Things to do (77)
- Tips (5)
- Tips for Buyers (7)
- Tips for Homeowners (5)
- Tips for Renters (5)
- Tips for Sellers (5)
- Tips/FAQs (2)
FeedsRSS / Atom
Latest NewsJanuary 31, 2020 8 Tips to Make Your Home Camera Ready for Selling January 17, 2020 FAQ Friday: Exciting New VA loan benefits! January 10, 2020 FAQ Friday: Can the Buyer back out? READ MORE
Our initial experience with you, especially with your demonstrable expertise, knowledge, and willingness to both educate and work with us regarding the market and related considerations particular to Coronado, resulted in a gratifyingly helpful and positive experience for us.—Robert R. READ MORE