Looking for a Coronado Rental? Here are Tips for finding a home!
Posted by: raindrop 9 months ago
As you probably know, the Coronado rental market is extremely fast paced and people are often frustrated by the lack of supply and how quickly available rentals are leased.
The military influence here in town creates a high demand for rentals. Since I get calls daily on what available rentals we have, I thought I would post a blog with the tips that I give out to the people who call.
- Check our website for any vacancies we currently have on the Available Rentals Link
- Most landlords don't know until 30 days prior to a vacancy if their tenants plan to renew their lease or not, so if you call a few months before you are looking to move, most landlords don't know their availability yet. So, start calling and researching rentals within 30 days of your anticipated move in date.
- If I don't have any available rentals, click here for the Coronado Eagle Journal's website, updated every Wednesday morning!
- Join the Coronado Rentals Facebook Group. Most local landlords post their vacancies here and often tenants themselves will post on the page when they know they will be moving out (sometimes before the normal 30 day mark).
- Do not sign up with a tenant screening company who says they will process your application once so that you can provide your own credit report to a potential landlord. We require that we run our own credit report to verify the accuracy of the credit information. Most other landlords have the same policy.
- Have your application completed and ready to submit. Most landlords have the same application requirements, so if you're prepared, you have the best chance for having your application processed.
- Follow up with leasing agents! If you are calling a number of different leasing brokerages, follow up with them routinely. Even if they take down your name and number, oftentimes they are too busy to have time to follow up with everyone who calls. If you are persistent, you have a great chance to hear about a home as soon as it becomes available!
- Be up front about your situation. If you have dogs or poor credit, tell the landlord prior to scheduling a viewing. For example, if an owner will not consider pets, under any circumstances, then perhaps that home isn't the right home for you.
Hopefully these tips are helpful in your home search. Check back often for updates on our blog and available rentals page for any new rentals that come available. You can always email firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.
Happy House Hunting!
Share on Twitter Share on Facebook
San Diego Homes
- 1820 Avenida Del Mundo #606's price has been REDUCED!
- 2018 4th of July Events
- Christmas at the Hotel Del Coronado
- Fall Home Maintenance Tips
- Things To Do This Weekend: Sept 22-24
- Blog (342)
- Buyer's Guide to Buying a Home (11)
- DIY Homeowners (55)
- FAQ Buyer (35)
- FAQ Property Management (7)
- FAQ Renters (7)
- FAQ Seller (32)
- FAQ Short Sale (6)
- Friday Favorites (4)
- Home Projects (59)
- Listings (132)
- Local Info (74)
- Market Matters (34)
- Open House (18)
- Rentals (18)
- Staging (1)
- Things to do (77)
- Tips (5)
- Tips for Buyers (7)
- Tips for Homeowners (5)
- Tips for Renters (5)
- Tips for Sellers (5)
- Tips/FAQs (2)
FeedsRSS / Atom
Latest NewsJune 4, 2018 1820 Avenida Del Mundo #606's price has been REDUCED! May 16, 2018 2018 4th of July Events December 20, 2017 Christmas at the Hotel Del Coronado READ MORE
Our initial experience with you, especially with your demonstrable expertise, knowledge, and willingness to both educate and work with us regarding the market and related considerations particular to Coronado, resulted in a gratifyingly helpful and positive experience for us.—Robert R. READ MORE