Power Outage Hits Coronado...Again!
Posted by: raindrop 6 years, 3 months ago
For the second time in two months, a power outage hit Coronado last night around 11:00 pm.
Approximately 2000 residents were without power last night. For some, power was restored throughout the night, and presently there are "only" 500 residents without power. Power is expected to be restored by 2:30 pm for homes that do not currently have power.
Last month, 1.4 million SDG&E customers were without power when all of Southern California, as well as parts of Arizona and Baja went lost power for approximately 15 hours when an electrical worker removed a piece of monitoring equipment from an Arizona sub-station. The outage was the biggest in San Diego history; schools were closed, planes were forbidden to land at the airport, beaches were closed due to a sewage spill, and boil-water alerts were issued.
To check for current outages, visit SDGE's Outage Map.
Some tips for future outages:
- Don't open the refrigerator unnecessarily; an unopened fridge will keep food cool for 4 hours and a full freezer will keep food cool for up to 48 hours
- Turn off and unplug large electronics and wait until power is restored to restart them
- Stay home and off the roads
- Keep landlines and cell phones open for emergency calls
- Do not call 9-1-1 unless it is an emergency
San Diego Homes
- Christmas at the Hotel Del Coronado
- Fall Home Maintenance Tips
- Things To Do This Weekend: Sept 22-24
- Looking for a Coronado Rental? Here are Tips for finding a home!
- Which Famous Author Visited 550 A Ave?
- Blog (340)
- Buyer's Guide to Buying a Home (11)
- DIY Homeowners (55)
- FAQ Buyer (35)
- FAQ Property Management (7)
- FAQ Renters (7)
- FAQ Seller (32)
- FAQ Short Sale (6)
- Friday Favorites (4)
- Home Projects (59)
- Listings (132)
- Local Info (74)
- Market Matters (34)
- Open House (18)
- Rentals (18)
- Staging (1)
- Things to do (77)
- Tips (5)
- Tips for Buyers (7)
- Tips for Homeowners (5)
- Tips for Renters (5)
- Tips for Sellers (5)
- Tips/FAQs (2)
FeedsRSS / Atom
Latest NewsDecember 20, 2017 Christmas at the Hotel Del Coronado September 25, 2017 Fall Home Maintenance Tips September 21, 2017 Things To Do This Weekend: Sept 22-24 READ MORE
Our initial experience with you, especially with your demonstrable expertise, knowledge, and willingness to both educate and work with us regarding the market and related considerations particular to Coronado, resulted in a gratifyingly helpful and positive experience for us.—Robert R. READ MORE