Power Outage Hits Coronado...Again!
Posted by: raindrop 7 years, 3 months ago
For the second time in two months, a power outage hit Coronado last night around 11:00 pm.
Approximately 2000 residents were without power last night. For some, power was restored throughout the night, and presently there are "only" 500 residents without power. Power is expected to be restored by 2:30 pm for homes that do not currently have power.
Last month, 1.4 million SDG&E customers were without power when all of Southern California, as well as parts of Arizona and Baja went lost power for approximately 15 hours when an electrical worker removed a piece of monitoring equipment from an Arizona sub-station. The outage was the biggest in San Diego history; schools were closed, planes were forbidden to land at the airport, beaches were closed due to a sewage spill, and boil-water alerts were issued.
To check for current outages, visit SDGE's Outage Map.
Some tips for future outages:
- Don't open the refrigerator unnecessarily; an unopened fridge will keep food cool for 4 hours and a full freezer will keep food cool for up to 48 hours
- Turn off and unplug large electronics and wait until power is restored to restart them
- Stay home and off the roads
- Keep landlines and cell phones open for emergency calls
- Do not call 9-1-1 unless it is an emergency
San Diego Homes
- New Landscape Transformation Program Increases Incentives in San Diego County
- 624 10th Avenue JUST SOLD!
- 226 Orange Avenue #303 JUST SOLD!
- 1820 Avenida Del Mundo #606's price has been REDUCED!
- 2018 4th of July Events
- Blog (345)
- Buyer's Guide to Buying a Home (11)
- DIY Homeowners (55)
- FAQ Buyer (35)
- FAQ Property Management (7)
- FAQ Renters (7)
- FAQ Seller (32)
- FAQ Short Sale (6)
- Friday Favorites (4)
- Home Projects (59)
- Listings (132)
- Local Info (74)
- Market Matters (34)
- Open House (18)
- Rentals (18)
- Staging (1)
- Things to do (77)
- Tips (5)
- Tips for Buyers (7)
- Tips for Homeowners (5)
- Tips for Renters (5)
- Tips for Sellers (5)
- Tips/FAQs (2)
FeedsRSS / Atom
Latest NewsJuly 10, 2018 New Landscape Transformation Program Increases Incentives in San Diego County June 29, 2018 624 10th Avenue JUST SOLD! June 25, 2018 226 Orange Avenue #303 JUST SOLD! READ MORE
Our initial experience with you, especially with your demonstrable expertise, knowledge, and willingness to both educate and work with us regarding the market and related considerations particular to Coronado, resulted in a gratifyingly helpful and positive experience for us.—Robert R. READ MORE